What does firmware iro3-firmware-hk-5-632 bring to the table?

My issue is now resolved and I also now see the usage on the home screen. Thank you Rachio elves!

1 Like

@Aquaman30k, how did you “try” the old firmware? Can it be manually downgraded?

Good question. Before I had a chance to look into downgrading the firmware, the issue was resolved. Both the controller and WFM still show the same firmware versions so I’m not sure what the issue was or how it was corrected.

@DougR, @Aquaman30k, @franz,

Here’s my story:

Back on April 29th, I contacted Rachio support and they guided me through a full sequence of

• Deleting the flowmeter from the controller
  • Doing a factory reset on the controller, while keeping the controller connected to my account (didn’t lose anything)
  • Power-cycling, then doing a WiFi reconnect
  • Pulling batteries out of WFM, then putting them back in and re-pairing

That worked to get the controller paired with the WFM. But the calibrations and use of the WFM became very inconsistent after that.

I would have calibrations where the flow bar would show up, then drop to zero for the rest of the 2 minute cycle, typically ending in a calibration failure. 1 out of 3 times it might succeed.

And sometimes successes would have oddities as well. Note the missing trailing zero after the decimal point here.

Then, maybe a week or so ago, I decide to try HomeKit, and suddenly it pairs successfully. Good news, sort of.

But today, I just noticed that Rachio wants to update my firmware. But when I look, my current firmware was back-revved at some point in time from 5-631 to 5-615, presumably remotely by Rachio. Bottom line is that I don’t really have full, stable WFM functionality, and have no clue if the new firmware being advertised to me will improve or harm my situation. @franz, any thoughts ? Appreciate your guidance.

@KevBo I ’m running 632 now with no issues. The problems with foe readings look very similar to the original WFM that was giving me fits. In the end the WFM was defective and Rachio replaced it under warranty. Since then flow calibration and readings have been very reliable.

You may try tech support again and request a RMA on the WFM.

1 Like

Thanks ! I’m going to go for the the update. And I’ll check in with support on the WFM… I really love it when the WFM is working. Otherwise I have to endlessly patrol the drip lines for lost heads and leaks mostly caused by the gardeners.

To be greedy, I’d like to see a changelog in the app as well as on the forum and the website. Perhaps somewhere in the Technical Info -> Firmware version area showing what changed since whatever was the next-most-current version. The eero system of mesh routers does this and it’s a wonderful convenience.

2 Likes

Just an FYI @franz - Something I haven’t noticed before in the Web App. (on latest Chrome & Edge) until today: The “Support” bubble sits on top of the Quick Run button link. It doesn’t matter how the frame is scaled or zoomed.