Weather Station Questions

I’ve read as much of the support material as I can find and I’m still unsure of what the best decision is here. The closest NON-PWS station to my home is over 16 miles and basically at the jersey shore. The weather from where I live to there varies greatly. Turns out there is a station basically down the road from my home (MID_NJ34), but I can’t seem to get any information about it. I’ve tried this, replacing the MID_ for just the NJ34 at the end of the URL, but it brings me a to a page where my town is not listed at all (Hammonton, NJ).

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/search?site=NJ34

PWS Sites

Non PWS Sites

The weather.com data seems close to what I see in the Rachio dashboard, but how can I know better?

MID_NJ34

Weather.com

Good question, I couldn’t find that site either. I’m going to open a ticket with our weather provider (Aeris) and will let you know what I find. Curious now :wink:

:cheers:

Thanks - will be curious to see what you can find! :satellite:

Ok, good stuff.

The station is part of the Rutgers NJ NET network
http://www.njweather.org/

You can also find data from the station on NOAA here: MESOWEST STATION INTERFACE

1 Like

More information on how to find the data…

Most but not all stations that have a MID_ prefix will be available on the mesowest site I provided.

stations that start with PWS_xxxx will normally be available via pwsweather.com

1 Like

I’ve updated our support site document, did not know about MesoWest.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Good researching! Even better because I happen to be a Rutgers Alumn haha. Based on your findings, do you think it looks like a reliable PWS to base my Rachio Sprinkler Controller off of?

As far as I know stations in the MesoWest network are reliable.

Just for fun and since it seems to be so close to my home, I decided to google map - look it up.

Then I found on Rutgers Website:

So I guess if it’s ever on the fritz I’ll take a walk over and see if I can get the owners to fix it! :joy:

3 Likes

You might have one of the best PWS hookups around. That thing looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. If that doesn’t provide accurate data something horribly wrong.

2 Likes