Weather Intelligence Upgrade for Gen 1 and Gen 2 Users

Hi folks,

I am excited to announce that we are offering a Weather :sun_behind_rain_cloud: Intelligence Plus Upgrade to all Gen 1 and Gen 2 users.

We’ve got a helpful support article (here) that will guide you through the process of upgrading. A special shout out to @Gene for helping out users on the Community connect their Weather Underground only stations to report to PWSweather.com.

With this update, all Gen 1 and Gen 2 users will have access to our Weather Intelligence Plus network that predicts incoming weather and precipitation for real-time weather monitoring in your immediate area. Users will also be able to choose a personal weather station that are available on Weather Underground.

We plan on switching all Gen 1 and Gen 2 users over to Weather Intelligence Plus by the end of the year. You can upgrade early by going to the More tab, select Controller Settings, and tap Upgrade Available.

Let us know if you have any questions!

7 Likes

Way to go Rachio (not that it affects me, but sure those users will be happy)!!!

1 Like

Netatmo devices can share data to Weather Underground using Meteoware Plus.

1 Like

Thanks @robnielsen I appreciate you calling that out! We’ve actually ordered a Netatmo station to create some documentation on this. We’ve got reports of issues users are having with Meteobridge. So, I will pursue Meteoware Plus as well.

1 Like

Congrats :cheers: Glad to hear that network support will be consolidated under one offering. No more “Gen 2 from Costco” exceptions. :wink:
FYI, my code supports Netatmo as input and Wunderground as output, its been a long time since it was exclusive to WU to PWS updates. Anyone with Netatmo, feel free to private message me (link) and I’ll help you out, similar to how I’ve done for others.

5 Likes

As always Gene, thank you for helping out the Rachio community. Better weather for all is a good thing!

I know I am right in saying that Rachio dropped the ability to integrate a Netatmo Weather Station using the PWS Weather integration in 2021 and now use Weather Underground instead. I gather this was necessary to work with the Weather Intelligence Plus update forced upon us all in August 2021 and which broke the link on both my Rachio 2 / Netatmo Weather Station installations :frowning:.

However if a user searches Netatmo on Rachio’s Help Center today, the first of the two results How do I use my Netatmo with my Rachio? still explain how to link Netatmo up using PWS Weather, which is clearly wrong, despite the instructions last being updated on February 21st 2022!

If one happens to read the second result Weather Intelligence Plus Migration (Gen 1 and Gen 2 Users), it clearly states that Rachio now only uses Weather Underground, although I suspect most Netatmo users don’t get as far as the second article because the title appears to be far less relevant, and I never saw it because I searched Google for ‘How to connect Rachio to Netatmo’ instead.

I pointed this out to Support on 11th March and was subsequently steered in the right direction (thanks Dilson :blush: ) but am disappointed to see that nobody has yet corrected the instructions on the Rachio Help Center :frowning:. Maybe you can address this for the benefit of all your other customers wanting to use or trying to reconnect Netatmo Weather Stations?

I am mightlily relieved that a solution has been found – thanks @Gene!

Hey @Pedro ,

Thanks for flagging this and sorry that the article did not get updated when you flagged it in March. I have removed the article in question.