Weather intelligence skips missing on usage graph

Hey all franz and Rachio team. Yo guys are the best. I’ve been a Rachio user since 2014 and this is the first time I’ve had an issue with the weather. In May I had 2 weather skips and my iOS app is showing 0 skips and also on the web app. Anyway can we fix that? Thanks.

@Anthony

Had the team verify on your account, indeed missing 2 skips. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Should be an easy correction, I’ll have the team do more research and release a fix.

:cheers:

Issue is resolved.

1 Like

Thank you franz. it shows the correct skips including one from yesterday

I installed my unit 2 weeks ago and mine isn’t recording the weather intelligence skips either. Says 0.

@malsdad

I have reviewed your account. You are seeing 0 for Weather Intelligence Skips because you haven’t received any Weather Intelligence Skips for your controller.

You have a flex schedule which allows for both “Freeze Skips” and “Wind Skips” but based on your thresholds set, there hasn’t been a time that we have seen temperatures lower than 32 degrees Fahrenheit or Wind Speeds greater than 20MPH.

I would modify your Weather Intelligence thresholds if you would like your Flex Schedule to be skipped due to either temperatures and/or wind speeds.

David

1 Like

Oh, I had thought weather intelligence skips meant times it had skipped due to rain and the schedule being bumped to a future date. I misunderstood.

@malsdad

At some point I’d love to interpolate the flex daily savings on the dashboard. It’s very misleading since flex daily is the most efficient way to run your system. Last August in the heat of Colorado I only watered 5 times for the month due to a few significant rain events and my water savings still showed zero :frowning:

I agree, the app showing “time” or “water” savings is based on skips but if it never planned for a watering in the first place because of rainfall forecast it shows nothing. My system last watered on May 7 and shows no plans to water until May 21 (2 weeks!) yet it shows savings for May as ZERO. Kinda odd and not enough of a pat on the back for Rachio.

3 Likes

@franz
Hello,
I’m having the same issue , we have had rain for two weeks and the controller has been skipping, but the weather intelligence skips remains at 0, also I can’t see the usage graph in gallons, could you please take a look?
Thanks.

@rsscapote

This also applies to you. Flex daily schedules are amazing at their efficiency but we do not track skips since they are “baked” into that schedule. You are skipping until you are not. We are still working on how to interpolate skips for flex daily schedules.

@franz Thanks!! It would be nice to see those skips as well and have a sense of how much water I’m saving.

@rsscapote

Agreed, it is really a gap. I think people would be amazed at how much it saves.

I would like to see this addressed as well. Just installed my unit a few weeks ago and I know I’m saving a ton of money, but only 1 skip shown. Thanks!

1 Like

Been a Rachio user for about three months now and absolutely love it. Just wanted to echo agreement with you here. It’s been pouring the past week, and as expected my controller has not run. Being the nerd I am I was looking forward to going in and seeing how much water saved, but as you said this is baked into expert/flex daily schedule. It led me to google looking for a problem/resolution, but this makes sense.

1 Like

Nerd that I am, I kept track of my watering cost before I got the Rachio and after I got it. My yearly bills before the Rachio were around $1100 a year, now they average around $700 a year. Last year we had a lot of rain over the summer and my cost for the year was only $443! The summer before was really dry and my cost was $858.

1 Like