Watering Override

Just set up my watering schedule. The lawn is set for prior to sun rise. If there is rain in the forecast, does the system override and decide not to water? Another senario - if it does override and then it doesn’t rain, what happens?

Yes! Check out this article for more information, just let us know if you have any questions.

https://support.rachio.com/en_us/what-is-weather-intelligence-BycnvLJFw

:cheers:

Thanks Franz. So the question becomes if we are on water restrictions, watering before sunrise with rain in the forecast. As you are aware, we can’t count on anything in CO. It doesn’t rain, does the Rachio 3 make up for this in the evening? Or does the user need to intervene?

Steve

It doesn’t make up for it unfortunately. You can either make your threshold higher on the rain skip settings or intervene (kill the skip or just kick the schedule off when you want).

Hope this helps!

Thanks Franz. This does help. I’ll be prepared for our crazy CO weather.

Yeah I live in Golden, CO, so no stranger to that!

My son just graduated from Mines! Awesome that Rachio is a CO company.

1 Like

Not a bad school! Congratulations! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I just got my best friend on Rachio this season. He lives in Littleton, but works at Coors!

Nice! Congrats for them! Cool place to work.

I have had my Rachio for a few years and really appreciate how it operates … and my Ken looks great! In setting up my schedules, I have two flex daily groups of zones, but neither of them give me the option to allow for rain skip, just freeze skip and wind skip. I have a fixed schedule for my landscape beds and that does give me the rain skip option.

I’m guessing I’ve done something wrong in setting these up, but I’ve gone through the set up a couple of times now and just not sure where I’ve messed up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

…lawn… not “Ken”. Stupid autocorrect!!!

The Flex Daily schedule is completely fluid and always watching weather and adjusting accordingly, so it doesn’t really “skip” due to rain, it just adjusts…that’s also why you won’t see skips or “time saved” recorded on the home page.

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification! That makes sense as I think through it, I thought I had always seen that “Rain Skip” option with each … regardless of the schedule format selected.