Watering duration not updating

Hi,
I have a gen. 3 device in my garden in Europe (Italy). While preparing for spring I noticed that when changing zones parameters (i.e.: nozzle cm/inches per hour) the watering duration in my flex daily was not recalculated at all. To let it work I had to set my location to the US instead of Italy, change the parameters and then I can re-set it back to Italy.
Until last year it was working properly.

Marco,
Time to pack up. (Great English, btw.)

Sorry I’m no help, but thought you could use the humour.
Kevin, USA

Hi Marco!

Previously our weather data was not optimized for international use and ET (evapotranspiration) data was not available in all countries. This means that durations might not calculate properly for users outside of the US and those durations will not reflect changes made to the zone settings.

I’ve got good news though! We have updated our weather data to support ET data outside of the US. Currently, this updated weather data has been made available to select users outside of the US and newly onboarded controllers. We will be releasing it to existing users shortly, but we are making sure that existing users do not have significant impacts to their current schedules and that we have properly documented user expectations.

I was able to successfully setup a Flex Daily schedule using an address in Italy and manipulate durations through precip rate after deleting the controller from my account and then onboarding the controller.

So, while this feature will be made available to existing users you can factory reset your controller and re-onboard it to get the updated weather data.

Thanks Kevin, my english is a bit rusty but I’m refreshing it, btw no worries a sense of humour is always welcome.

Dane, that’s great news!
Just to be sure if I understood it correctly: do I need to wait some update or can I try right now?
By factory resetting you mean just remove and re-add the controller to my account in the app or perform the procedure on the device itself? I’m asking because the device is in an underground installation pit inside a waterproof casing, covered with heavy vases so if I have to physically access it I’ll do it once and want to be sure, because it’s not an easy task.