Water Well Pressure/Water Level Sensor Integration

Hello to all. First post here so please bear with me. In our neighborhood we all pull from the same well for irrigation and there are many times where the underground river we all pull from does not have the capacity to keep up with the demand. Talking with customer support yesterday, the introduced me to IFTTT.com which looks like a great place to start the integration I’m looking to get up and running.

My end goal is to send a pause command to my Racio v3 when the water pressure and/or water level of my well gets too low to produce adequate volume for my zones (mostly zones with 4 rotors each with flow limit of 2 GPM). And then once the well pressure/level is restored the watering cycle would continue as normal. Realizing this will potentially greatly extend the time it takes to water my yard, I can at least be more confident in the fact that I’m putting out the amount of water I intended.

Any and all thanks ahead of anytime for anyone who can help me solve this predicament.

thanks!

Chandler

Hi Chandler - I have a similar need (I posted a message here) and was wondering if you ever found a solution? Thanks.

Steve

Hey Steve!
Hope you are well. Yes! I feel I am about 95% with my project. I ended up looking at the below thread and even interacted with Greg who had a somewhat similar project. I ended up using an ESP8266 with pressure transducer to get my readings. Once I had the readings dialed in, I took a custom pause command that Brian worked on for me (second link below) which integrated HA and my Rachio so I could pause my Rachio and allow my well to recover to a certain pressure before the watering continued. Currently at 30psi, HA sends the pause command (for up to 60 minutes) and then resumes once the pressure reaches 60psi for at least 10 minutes. It does mean I’m watering 12 hours+ at a time, but at least I know the correct amount of water is being laid down, and my yard thanks me every day :slight_smile:

If I can be of assistance to you after reading the two threads, I’ll be happy to try and help. Note: I am somewhat of a novice and relied on Greg and Brian to really help get me going.

thanks!

That reminds me, I should try and get pause/resume into Hass for real so you don’t need the custom component. Been working on other Rachio functionality. I’ll let you know when I get that done.

would love to hear on both sir! thanks!

I think I missed the cut for 1.0, so it should be in 1.0.1 or whatever they go with after that. :grin:

Will be waiting, but until then still have the custom component!

There’s also a fancy new service to try out when you do upgrade. Not sure it’s helpful for your situation but could be useful.

1 Like