Water Running Over Sidewalk - How to adjust flexi schedule

Ok, this is going to be the year that I get my Flex schedules to work. So our lawn slopes very gently to the front sidewalk. When I come out in the morning after the Flex has run, the water has flowed over the sidewalk and down the gutter. So the Flex must be overwatering!

The question is, what is the best way to fix this without creating other consequences? I see in the watering duration screen I can just adjust the overall time down. But it seems if I do that I will probably lead to under watering.

I know that my roots are not deep because we have very clay soil here in Colorado. Would I be better off to keep setting my roots shallower until it stops going over the sidewalk?

Thanks for your help!

ScreenClip

Do you have the slolpe as ‘flat’ for this zone? If so, change it to ‘moderate’ or ‘steep’ and see if that helps. Those settings will most likely get more of a soak cycle time for you.

Ahh, so you are saying the only thing slope impacts is how much each zone is watered at a time? So changing that will give more soak time. Nice!

Yes. Slope determines how long a soak time is needed.