VAC 24 has 4 wires

I noticed that my current Hunter X core has 4 wires in the 2 slots for VAC24 (looks like for the Rain sensor and 2 coming from behind the unit) How does this get hooked up in the Rachio? Should I slot all 4 into the 2 available?

Also the zones are in some cases 2 prongs to 1 slot (4 zones). Should I just place one in each on the rachio so it s 6 zones? Does it matter?

Thanks In advance!

The thick two yellow wires are the power coming into the device. Rachio uses a barrel plug for that.
The other two wires are the power going to the wireless rain sensor that also has the thin blue & white wires connected to sen Terminals.

Disregard the thick yellow wires, the thin wires would connect to the 24 + and - terminals on the rachio. The blue and white cables would connect to one of the sensor inputs and 24- terminal.

Alas there are two wires destined for 24v- terminal, if you are having issues fitting both in, you may need to use a peace of jumper wire and a wire nut to make everything fit.

The rest of the hookup should be straight forward.
:cheers:

PS yes, you can separate the double zones. They are together simply because the old controller is limited to 4 zones.

1 Like

Totally understood you!! Thanks so much!

1 Like