Unit will not update the wifi connection and no longer works

Had wifi problems upon initial install but solved that by completing the install with an older IOS ipad. Updated the firmware and the controller has been golden for a couple of weeks. Tried to update the programming to a different wifi connection (access point) and I keep getting a failure notice and the unit flashes red. Sometimes it says update complete but the app still shows the old wifi connection and now the controller will not work. Tried it on my newer iphone and that same older ipad. No dice. My system is down now.

George

Update. I had two problems. First the controller just would not connect to the new access point so I installed the same model in that new location that I originally connected to during the initial install. Then I started getting a completed wifi update message but the app still said that I was connected to the old wifi until I shut down the app and restarted it and then the new wifi connection was shown. This is a pretty good irrigation controller but every time I have to do something with wifi I am stuck in a dont loop for hours and its very frustrating. I would not recommend this unit to a friend because then I would become their new unpaid IT consultant.

George

How often do you change your wifi around? My units have been installed for over 6 years and I’ve never had to redo the wifi once. If I get new gear, I just make the SSID and password the same as my old equipment, and everything reconnects happily.