I am installing two 16 zones units and need some help/validation to make sure the install is correct. Here is the details of my wiring and how it was installed prior to rachios:
- I have 4 x multi conductor wire bundles. (Two 12 wire, one six wire and one 5 wire). Each bundle includes a white common.
- Originally 3 of these bundles (the two twelve and the 5 were wired into a 24 zone controller. All 3 the common wired were twisted together and wired to the common slot.
- The fourth bundle (6 wire) was hooked to a separate controller.
Here is how I wired the two new Rachio gen 2’s:
- I wired one of the 12 wire bundles and the 6 wire bundle to one Rachio. Connected each of the common wires from the two bundles to two common connectors on the rachio.
- I wired the other 12 wire bundle and the 5 wire bundle to the second rachio gen2. Again connecting each of the two common wires to two common connectors of the rachio.
My question is whether this wiring is correct. I have read a number of threads and the support bulletin that clearly states you should not share a common wire across two rachios. I believe I am not sharing a common wire as I have separated the bundles across the two rachios.
Most of my zones are working just fine. I do have 3 zones that are not working and when I check the omhs reading on those they are all very high ( over 100 and into the 200s) so I am guessing something else is wrong with these zones. Note they did give me some trouble in the past with the previous controller as well.
Does the wiring look right or do I really need an isolator?