Transferring zone settings to new Rachio 3?

@MrDoug,

I believe in the setup you can copy over the settings from the Gen 2 device to the Gen 3 device since they are both 16 unit devices. Watering history and soil moisture I don’t believe are transferred over.

If this exists, I did not see it in the setup.

@DLane Is correct. On install there should have been an option to transfer if you are going from Gen 2 16 zone --> Gen 3 16 zone?

:cheers:

@franz, Thanks for clarifying.

I will remove the Gen3 and attempt to set it up again.

Does the Gen 2 have to be powered on and wifi connected ? Does that matter?

Doug

If that doesn’t work I can have the engineering team force the transfer. Gen 2 does not have to be connected.

SUCCESS !!!

I was able to remove my Gen3, re-add it, and I saw the “Transfer Settings” button. I guess I just missed it the first time.

Some UI interface feedbac, It would be nice to have that “Transfer Settings” button on its own screen. I think having it with other settings options I just missed it.

@franz Thanks for your support.

Doug

@franz
Hi, I have a similar situation as some of the users above. I just installed the 12 zone Rachio 3 and am coming from a 16 zone Rachio 1 (with only the first 10 zones in use).

Would you be able to have your engineering team transfer over the setup data for those 10 zones+schedules? My next watering day is Wednesday, so if need be, I’ll manually set everything up Tuesday evening. Just checking on the possibility of data migration for my case.

Thanks!

Mike

Sorry we unfortunately can not transfer zones from a higher # controller to lower #.

Thanks for reaching out, and have a great rest of your week!

I guess I found my answer. Without the intervention of the engineering team transferring is not possible.

Going from a 12 with only 8 zones used to an 8. My 12 zone died and I anticipate the warranty process taking longer than my grass can survive in a Texas summer.

I’ll just have to do everything manually if I don’t want my grass to die. My annoyance level continues to rise. It is probably time for a beer.

I had a R2, upgraded to an R3 8-Zone. The zones and schedules transferred fine. For both the R2 and R3, only six zones were used. The remaining two zones were disabled.

I just installed a Rachio Black 6-Zone and there was no option to transfer zones nor schedules. If transfer is not possible, I will just return the Black 6-Zone and reinstall the R3 8-Zone. It’s too much work to reconfigure everything at this time. Can someone at Rachio help? @franz? Thanks!