Transfer settings from a dead controller to a new one

I had a fire, and lost my rachio 3, i have replaced it, an 8 zone, with a 12 zone, can you please transfer my settings to the new controller? I can’t find any method to do this.

I don’t believe there is any way to do that. I have to reinstall because it is with that controller. I did copy settings on my iPhone from one controller to the other then deleted that controller from my phone. Sorry don’t have any better news

1 Like

Rachio has the settings on their servers for sure, and there is a migrate option between the 2 and the 3 (somewhere), I just can’t find it. I would be shocked if this can’t be done, however it likely needs to be done by Rachio based on my findings.

Pretty sure it is a straightforward procedure…

1 Like

Thanks, I have seen that post, but I can’t find the transfer anywhere in the app. That’s why I posted this.

"During Zone Setup, you’ll have the option to set up your zones from scratch, or transfer settings from an old Rachio controller. To transfer, select “Transfer Settings” and then select the controller settings you wish to copy. "

That’s great, where the heck is it? I would think you should be able to do that any time,and I can’t find that button anywhere.

1 Like

When you plug in your new controller and set it up on your account, it will ask you if you want to transfer from another controller or start fresh.

1 Like

I understand it should, but it didn’t. I looked for it, but it just didn’t do it.