Stations do not operate independently in manual mode

Just set up new R3 controller. I only have 6 stations. I wired it exactly the way my Orbit controller was wired…pretty simple and straightforward. The issue I am having is that when
I try to run station 2 through 6 manually, station 1 runs at the same time. To be clear, I am only running them manually one at a time. Why is this happening?

How are you running them manually, quick run on zones, quick run on schedule, or some other way?

Sounds like you got the common wire mixed up somewhere. Probably with station 1. I don’t have the brain space to think more about it than that though lol

1 Like

Do all the stations run one at a time (what is the order) or do two or more come on at once?

Thanks for your reply Thomas. I haven’t set them on any kind of schedule yet. This is (so far) only happening in manual operation…which is why I purchased this…to have the flexibility of only running a specific station manually without having to go out to the garage to set (the old one) to manual mode. For example, #3 fills a fountain, so it’s nice to be able to just add water when needed depending on evaporation rate/needs. I have my White (common) plugged into the the C closest to the stations, not the far left one. Thanks in advance for any reply. In a normal schedule, I would be running them one at a time, 1 thru 6 for different times, never all at once.

Post a photo of the controller showing your wiring. If you have a photo of the Orbit setup, post that also.

Thanks…after reviewing my photos, I realized I had a minor wiring “issue”.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks…after reviewing my photos, I realized I had a minor wiring “issue”.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

A fresh day can really help. Enjoy your new controller!

Great job @R.T. As I think you know, both C connections are really the same. When you said:

Quick Run on individual zone. Turn on #1, #1 goes on, runs for 3 minutes, turns off. I turn on #2 (or any other 3 thru 6) and #1 runs at the same time.

I figured it was likely a wiring issue and was going to ask for before and after pictures, but someone else beat me to it and you figured it out anyway. It might help others if you do not mind posting what the issues was.

When I deleted the app and reinstalled the app after the similar frustrating operation and WiFi issues, an error message popped up saying the Rachio is not compatible with iPhone 11. The message suggested I use a browser or older device. I used an older iPad and it worked perfectly. It’s very frustrating. One hopes they’re working on a fix.