Station Turns on Unexpectantly

Twice, I did a quick run on a disabled zone, had the zone run for the allotted time, had it turn off, then found it running again a while later. Worse, I went on the app to see how to turn it back off, or see why it started running again in the first place, and could do nothing with the app or zone. The zone showed it was disabled, it showed nothing about it running, and the usage doesn’t register either. I couldn’t find any way to see what started the zone or what could stop it.

I had to stop things by manually shutting off the valve to the zone. A few minutes later, when I opened the valve again, all was well - - no water running to the zone.

This only happens on one zone, so far.

Any clues why this is happening, and how to avoid it? I’d hate to have this go on - - and on and on and on - - when I 'm not around.

Make sure your zone wiring isn’t futzed up. I had something similar that acted like a controller problem but in reality I had a wire shorted in the valve box.

Thanks, I’ll check with the installer to see if he can look it over.

To add to this…

Usually if a zone runs on its own, there is an issue in the valve itself, with the diaphragm (most likely), solenoid (second most common), or a crack in the body of the valve itself. If the diaphragm is damaged, it can cause the zone to randomly kick on, many times when another zone in the system starts up as it creates a drop in pressure in the piping, releasing the diaphragm.