Spread zones out to different days?

I have three schedules setup, Flex Monthly. The total time per schedule is around 3 hours. I have it set initially to start at 6am so that I’m able to monitor the water. Rachio then stacks the schedules back to back on the same day, so it runs late into the morning. Is there a way to make it just do one per day?

Does the interval setting in the zone setup control this? I tried modifying this but the proposed schedule on the calendar looked crazy.

Can you add daily restrictions on each? Kind of a clever workaround?

:cheers:

1 Like

This is how I set mine up. With 16 zones I have to split the days up or they can run 12 hours on a day. I have Front yard on Mon, Wed, Fri… Back yard Tue, Thurs, Sat, and distant tree zones on Sunday. Works great for me.

1 Like

Do you do this by setting the Interval in the schedule setup?

I created 3 schedules in the app, Front Yard, Back Yard, and Trees. Each is setup as Flex Daily so Rachio can determine how long to run each zone. Under interval I chose the days each schedule should run. The nice thing about this is during cooler months Rachio might only run 1 of the 3 days, or 2 or 3 depending on how much it thinks it needs. If it skips a day for some reason, it will run longer on it’s next scheduled day. Seems to work pretty well for me.

I have split my schedule into odd/even days so that I can set the start time in the middle of the night.

I wish Rachio had a start/end times to drive the logic of zones to water within that time window. So each day, it determines which zones would need watering the most and start watering and stops at the end time. There would be no need to split schedules, and Rachio would not need to look 2 or 3 days in a forecast to anticipate watering for a zone. That should reduce watering needs (forecasts are not always reliable), and will get moisture level closer to allowed depletion.