Soil Moisture / Quick Run

I selected Empty for a zone. This changed my reported soil moisture to 0%. Then I did a quick run (manual run) of the zone’s schedule. After the manual run, the soil moisture still shows 0%.

Shouldn’t the soil moisture report 100% (or at least more than 0%) after manually running my normal schedule?

The way it is engineered is any override will not allow recorded irrigation events for the day. Not a perfect solution, but that’s how it currently works. If you do want to reverse your decision you can fill the zone up with the override.

:cheers:

@franz

I hope you can change the way this works in the future.

I ran a manual Quick Run on my back yard this afternoon, to help my wife’s flowers and some potted plants we moved, and tonight the water applied is considered in the graphed and total moisture for the day. Not 100%, of course, but my Flex Daily schedule’s moisture charts always consider manual watering in the results shown. Maybe not immediately after doing it, but it does include it.

Yes, but if you had selected Empty or Fill that day, then a manual Quick Run is not counted. See what Franz wrote above.

Yeah, come to think of it, I did empty some zones some time ago and immediately watered, and the results were not as expected.