I may have found a bug in the software or at least it did not act as I would have thought.
Here is the scenario
All zones on daily flexible schedules (which I love by the way)
- 2.5 inches of rain
- My PWS went down so was not recording rain amounts
- Once I had my PWS up and running went into my web app to “Fill” the zones to ensure the missed rainfall was captured (at least that was my thought process).
- The first zone I went too had a forecasted 107%.
- I manually filled the zone and the forecasted amount went “down” to 100%. Hmmm. decided to not do any others.
Here is where the problem began.
- On April 29 (the date that I adjusted the zone to full) the software entered a -3.09" of irrigation.
- For the remainder of the day only recorded 0.8" of rain.
- Result was at the end of the day the zone was shown as empty, 0%
April 30 watered 1" in just that zone.
Seems that when the zone was above 100% and I adjusted to “Fill”, something in the software forced a -3.09" into the irrigation.
Will try to upload screen shot below.
User error - probably, should not have tried to fill a zone already over 100%.
Software error - I think so, should not have entered a large negative rainfall?