Smart Hose Timer Firmware Update

There is a new firmware update available for your Rachio Smart Hose Timer.

In addition to adding support for up to eight valves, this firmware update will apply performance enhancements like improved Valve and WiFi Hub communication. It will also provide streamlined notifications for all watering schedules with multiple Smart Hose Timer valves.

For instructions on how to download and install the firmware update, please review the steps below or click here for more information.

Update Instructions

Before you begin: You must have the latest version of the Rachio mobile app to install new firmware. Update at Apple App Store & Google Play Store.

Update Hub Firmware

1. If a firmware update is available for the Hub, you will see a red dot indicator on the gear icon (Hub settings) located in the upper right corner on the tabs “Events”, “Valves”, and “Schedules”
  2. Tap the red dot
  3. Tap “UPDATE” on “Firmware versions”
  4. The firmware update will begin immediately
  5. The hub settings will show firmware versions 6.0.16, 6.0.15

Update Valve Firmware

1. If a firmware update is available for the Valve, you will see a red dot indicator on the Valve settings (three vertical dots) button
  2. Tap the red dot
  3. Tap “Update” on “Firmware versions” under “Valve Details”
  4. The firmware update will begin immediately
  5. Valve settings will show firmware 6.0.15
3 Likes

WARNING …
Installing the hub update will likely cause communications with the valves to fail (at least that is what happened to me). You will then need to follow the “forget valves…relearn them…reprogram the schedules” process for your valves and any schedules. It was frustrating, and genuine PITB to get the process accomplished.

Ouch - started the update before I saw this. I went to update the hose valve firmware and got a message that hub needs to be updated. There seems to be no way around it. Let’s see how it goes :crossed_fingers:t3:

Just finished with the updates (hub and valve) and everything looks OK. Did a test run and that worked as well.

Hi,

What is the new firmware version for both so we can all confirm if was applied o not?

That is great. Perhaps I just encountered some type of strange “oops” during my update.

From my WiFi hub settings:
Firmware version: 6.0.16, 6.0.15

2 Likes

I’m sorry that I did not include that. @Brian_D is correct.

Hub settings will show: 6.0.16, 6.0.15
Valve settings will show 6.0.15

You also no longer have the “Update” in the settings screen.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you experienced this and had to forget your valves. The majority of folks will not have any issues updating, but for people experiencing a communication issue, power cycling the hub before attempting the update again will solve the issue.

For anybody that comes across this that has issues, the Rachio Support team is equipped to assist you. I’m going to reach out to them and post any troubleshooting that I can to this thread.

I’m going to lock this thread to keep it as an announcement thread. If you have any questions or issues, please start a new topic and ping me in it if you need anything.

1 Like