Single zone will not stop running

This morning I woke up to a completely flooded back yard. One of my zones that is set to run on an evening schedule, was still running this morning. Checking in the app, it doesn’t seem like that controller has any history of running the zone at all. It certainly doesn’t think the zone is still running! No matter what I do, I cannot get the zone to stop. I have tried the following:

• power cycling the controller
  • manually starting and stopping that zone
  • manually starting and stopping other zones (the offending zone continues to run this whole time)
  • checked the solenoids and they are all set to “off”
  • tried turning the solenoid on and off
  • drank 3 beers (didn’t stop the zone, but helped me relax a bit :wink:)

Eventually I just turned off the water to the irrigation system to prevent it from continuing to run. I suspect this is less of a Rachio/controller issue and more along the lines of something wrong with that valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

That sounds like a problem with the valve, like it is stuck open. You might want to check for a video on how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble the valve in question.

1 Like

@Thomas_Lerman thanks that ended up being the problem. Thank you for the suggestion

I am glad you were able to fix it and did not have to replace it or anything else. Good work!