I’m a newbie and have had the Rachio 3 for a couple of weeks. I think I set up my zones pretty well and flex daily seemed to get the hang of our lawn and gardens.
I see today that our schedule for zones 1, 2, 3 and 6 are pushed out to Tuesday with all 4 zones showing soil moisture of 6%. I realize the forecast for tomorrow shows a 50% chance for rain but it appears from the forecast I’ve looked at that altho it we may get rain, it appears we aren’t going to receive much. And today is going to max at about 93 and sunny.
My concern is this: I live in west Michigan, about 25 miles from Lake Michigan. Unfortunatley, forecasting here is not always that accurate because although weather systems generally come from the west, as they come across Lake Michigan, the lake often eats the storms up. What I’m saying is that the storms often, although not all the time, vanish as they cross Lake Michigan.
So how do I handle situations like today (and in the future)? It’s going to be a scorching hot day with zones essentially asking for water, a relatively high probable rain tomorrow with most likely not too much and an often forecast that overestimates the amount of rain in the area. If I were to manually have access, I would probably have watered last night. Maybe that’s how I should handle situations like today. Just wondering.