Shared Access Use & Requirements

Hello, I read this thread with interest, as my IRO was just installed today. My landscaper has access on his phone, but I have a Windows phone and no way to set up a user ID and password on my PC, which is where I plan to control the system. Ideally, both my landscaper and I will have access…is that possible? And how do I get a user ID from my PC? Thanks for any guidance you have on this.

We are working on Shared Access through the Webapp. If you are limited to the web for control, then this might be your only option.

When this feature is released for the Web, you can be granted shared access and then all of the core functionality of the native apps will be available through the Web, essentially 2 accounts sharing access to one device.

Hope this helps!

:cheers:

@SteinyD, hope all is well! We just wanted to update you (and everyone else on this thread), that Landscaper Access is back! For details, please refer to this support article.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

@jfry1961, just curious, did your landscaper setup an account for you or did they add it to his/her account? Each user should have their own account.

Best, Emil

@emil

This is great news and just in time for wintering. I’ve read through the document. It seems pretty clear. I will txt it with myself and provide feedback.

Could you remind me how it worked at the first implementation last season. I can’t recall how the landscaper was informed of their access. Was it also via an email or a common a unique url, such as 'www.iro.com/{unique_iro_name} ?

@emil

I just granted myself landscaper access to an email address not associated with my Iro. I received the email, clicked on the link. At the web page I was taken to, I was told that the access token had expired and prompted me for a username and password.

Make sure you choose a date in the future for the expiration…if you did pick something tomorrow, etc. and still seeing that error I can have our web development team take a look.

@SteinyD, I was able to recreate this :confused: I’ll send the data to the web development team to review.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This should all be working now.

1 Like

Thanks so much to the Rachio team, @SteinyD and others for continuing to press this issue. Just had my sprinkler company winterize my system and it was an extreme breeze using temporary access via the web and not the app… Had absolutely no push back from the technician using his personal smart phone. Thanks so much for listening and adapting to our needs and requests.

1 Like

Great to hear! Just a heads up, we’ll be updating the names for shared access soon. Landscaper Access will become “Limited Access”, and Shared Access will become “Complete Access” For details on both, and steps for using either/both, please refer to this support article.

1 Like

Love it!