Seeding my grass, Planting my shrubs

I have been using Rachio for the past year and really like it. This spring I will be seeding a good portion of my lawn and planting new shrubs. Both of these require more water at first compared to regular watering. Given this information, should I just use a fixed schedule for now? Does Rachio have any seeding options for scheduling?

For now with new seed, a fixed option is the best choice.

If you’d like to use the same schedule to run multiple times per day (every hour?), you could use something like IFTTT.

Essentially you just create a schedule on the controller, disable it, and then let IFTTT take over :wink:

At a future date we will support running the same schedule multiple times per day.

:cheers:

Thanks. Never thought about seeding multiple times per day. Is that really necessary??!!

I’m no expert, but I believe that is the recommendation.

http://gvt.net/turf-care/new-sod-care

This link is for sod. I am doing it the old fashioned way with topsoil and seed…According to Scott’s it’s twice a day:

How Much Do I Need to Water My New Grass?

Watering is crucial for seeding success. Water twice daily (or more if conditions are extremely hot/dry) to ensure the top 1 inch of soil stays moist. Continue watering daily until you have mowed the new grass 1-2 times. Once your new grass is established, you can go back to a normal watering routine.

Ok, so if you create two fixed schedules running every day at different times you should be good to go.

This is what I will do. One at dawn, one at dusk.

1 Like