Sealing/insulating the holes around pvc pipes in valve manifold box...?

So I thought I read or saw this somewhere (but now I can’t find it…lol)… but I read somewhere about using foam sealant to seal the holes where the pvc pipes enter the manifold valve box… was wondering if that’s ok to do… I already did it (haha since I saw somewhere that I should) but I can cut out the sealant if it is bad to do that… I think the article that talked about doing it was saying to do it because it helped keep sand/dirt from eventually filling back into the box after many rains…I dunno

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Katie

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion/advice about this…

So I thought I read or saw this somewhere (but now I can’t find it…lol)… but I read somewhere about using foam sealant to seal the holes where the pvc pipes enter the manifold valve box… was wondering if that’s ok to do… I already did it (haha since I saw somewhere that I should) but I can cut out the sealant if it is bad to do that… I think the article that talked about doing it was saying to do it because it helped keep sand/dirt from eventually filling back into the box after many rains…I dunno

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Katie

Not necessary, but won’t harm anything.

1 Like

Ok thanks!