Scheduling Issue - Flex Daily Schedule set to run even days also running on odd days

I have noticed this issue twice, I have three flex daily schedules setup to run on only even days but they have started on an odd day too. When it first happened, it was an old flex schedule I brought forward so I deleted all my schedules and reset them up under the new flex daily thinking maybe it was an issue with the old style flex schedule. We have had a lot of rain so I had the controller in standby for awhile. Last night (18th/ even) I turned controller on. Today (19/ odd) the first schedule started to run until I put the controller back into standby mode. Any guidance would be appreciated.

@rakswc Interesting. I haven’t heard of these issues but I will certainly have the development team review tomorrow and if we find any issues will put a fix out by tomorrow as well. Thanks for your patience.

:cheers:

Great, thank you. One other thing I noticed/ changed was the start date for each schedule was June 1st. I didn’t know if having an odd start date was causing the issue with running on an even date so I switched it to June 2nd this AM. I believe both times this happened was right after I went from standby to run. Let me know if you need anything else from me (screenshot, etc).

@rakswc Phew, this was a great edge case.

tl;dr Odd/even flex schedule functionality works fine, this was a very rare edge case that we will put a fix in for.

Please ignore timezones, the relative dates/times are what to look at.

On June 10th 2016, 04:15:38.484 (MDT) a flex schedule was added to the controller to run at 5AM (MDT).

On June 10th 2016, 04:36:47.076 the device was put into standby mode. (before the flex schedule could run on the controller). The flex schedule knows at what hour and minute to run, but doesn’t care about a certain day, since it is sent just-in-time.

The flex schedule was then skipped for two weeks until the controller was taken out of standby mode (June 18th 2016, 16:15:50.173 MDT)

The flex schedule was still persisted on the controller, and ran at the scheduled hour/minute the next day (it doesn’t care about days of week once on the controller).

I’ll make sure we put a fix in the firmware that if the controller is in standby mode, and the flex schedule is already on the controller, to remove the flex schedule from the scheduled schedules queue.

Thanks for reporting this, and please let us know if you have any other issues.

@franz Say that really fast 5 times in a row. :wink:

@azdavidr As I was writing that I thought it was overly wordy, but definitely explained the situation!

2 Likes

You guys are on top of it! Thanks for getting to the bottom of this for me.