Scheduled too soon?

My Flex Daily schedule ran today, 7/3. Soil Moisture is now 110%.

I would expect the schedule to run again in about a week. Instead, it says it will be running tomorrow, 7/4. It’s also shown as scheduled to run on the calendar view. I tried to force a refresh by closing and opening the app, but no change.

What do the details on the moisture level chart show? That will help to start figuring out what’s going on.

The moisture chart doesn’t show it as watering tomorrow. Perhaps it’s on an “End Before” schedule and started the night before? No, you posted it earlier. Guess I don’t know, but based on moisture it shouldn’t run again tomorrow.

1.5" is a lot of water; I assume this is going into a zone with bushes, shrubs, trees rather than lawn. Makes sense it wouldn’t run for about a week thereafter.

Okay, now it’s showing 7/13 as the next watering, which seems reasonable.

I don’t know why it was showing a bogus date for awhile. I did try refreshing the data by closing out the app and restarting, but that didn’t help. After a few hours, I checked again and it seems to have corrected itself.

Anybody else see this behavior before?

Yeah, I always check the graph. Whether it’s a required refresh or what, it can be wrong in other areas. Something Rachio really needs to work on. Even refreshing should not be required.

2 Likes

There is a known issue that several of us have commented on/documented for Rachio – right now the overview data does not seem to be correctly displaying the data in the moisture level details (which does appear to be correct).

@franz @dane

The calendar view shows a watering for tomorrow, but the moisture graph does not.

Is it on your radar to correct these discrepancies regarding upcoming watering dates (see thread above)?

@twin1 Thanks for reaching out. The issue has been documented and is being managed by the Engineering team. It is classified as a high priority and is currently being worked on.

1 Like