Saturation Skip announced, then canceled (fixed schedule)

I run a fixed schedule, twice a week, with all weather intelligence turned on. Several times in the past month, I’ve received a Saturation Skip notification 12 hours before the scheduled start time. Later the same day, I received a Weather Skip Update, saying “…will not be skipped because the weather has changed.” Watering then runs as scheduled.

See screen shot:

(Ignore the two middle notifications, which are for a different schedule involving different zones.)

Several things are odd about this behavior –

1. I live in the SF Bay Area, where it doesn’t rain all summer; the climate is dry and warm. The weather certainly didn’t change between 8:34 AM and 7:33 PM, as the second notification claims.

2. This started happening only about a month ago, after running the same fixed schedule for several years. It has happened 3 or 4 times now.

3. I have two Rachio gen2 controllers running very similar fixed schedules (on different days). Only one of the controllers is sending these notifications.

4. These notifications appear only on my iPhone’s notification screen; they aren’t in the Rachio app’s History page.

In addition to understanding this, I’d like to learn what Saturation Skip means in the context of a fixed schedule. How does Rachio determine how saturated my soil is, and how can I see the data that it is using? (The app doesn’t show this information for zones that are in fixed schedules, only ones that are in flex schedules.)

Would also like to learn the distinction between Saturation Skip, Weather Skip, Climate Skip, and Rain Skip, all of which I’ve seen in various notifications and history entries.