Replacing Irritrol with Rachio for large property

Hi - I have a large property in the Phoenix area. I had some new landscaping installed, and my landscaper told me we needed to replace our current Irritrol system that only has A&B&C on it with a newer one that also had D to allow us to water the new items differently.

I hated the Irritrol system we have and the landscapers are constantly setting it wrong and killing what we have paid them to plant.

What I am trying to figure out is will this product work as a replacement? Can it handle a large property with multiple programs for different lines (ie, flowers, shrubs, plants and cactus).

I love the concept and hope it will work not sure my landscapers can install however.

Thanks

@cr8it - if the irrigation system was put in with each zone supporting plants with similar needs the Rachio should do just fine. The largest Rachio today is 16 zones. There are people that have multiple Rachios to support more that 16 zones and one needs to manually configure the units to where they won’t both be irrigating at the same time if the water pressure is an issue - probably not in Phoenix if you’re running a drip system. There are lots of member of the community that are from Phoenix or Arizona. I think you can have as many schedules as you have zones, so A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O and P.

2 Likes

Similar situation, will the Rachio3 fit in my existing Control box, or do I need to buy the Rachio box/cover?

@Andrew.manley - I’d recommend the Rachio external enclosure as it has a plug that 120 V AC wires are terminated to so the Rachio transformer can plug into it. I have seen pictures where others have put a Rachio in a different enclosure, so if it fits no problem. If the electrical connection is solved then post a picture and measurements of the existing box. But for $30 it might not be worth the hassle of trying to jury-rig the Rachio in the existing box.

1 Like