Rental Property

Is anybody using Rachio controllers on rental properties? How do you write into leases connection to WIFI? I’d like to install on my rental properties. My tenants turned off irrigation water and killed everything. I’d like to be able to monitor reports and check operation easily. Just curious about contracts since rachio would need to be on their WiFi.

1 Like

Can you include wifi yourself and incorporate it into the monthly lease? I mean, nobody is going to move in and NOT want internet. Another thing to consider, is my father owns a rental house and goes through a rental agency. The agency does home checkups about once a month I think to make sure the place isn’t being destroyed.

3 Likes

You can utilize a cellular network. Most mobile providers have devices for things like this.

1 Like

I would segregate the networks in this case with vlans and firewall rules.

I’ve offered this and other utilities in my rentals before (much easier than having to transfer service in and out of my name as people move), but most get really weird about provided internet, specifically with my equipment. Like I’m going to spy on their internet browsing or something…

1 Like

When it comes to integrating it into leases, you can add a clause that states the tenant agrees to allow the installation and connection of a Rachio controller to the property’s Wi-Fi network for irrigation purposes. It’s important to communicate the benefits to your tenants, like efficient water usage and a well-maintained landscape.

Regarding use of tenant’s WiFi:
Once I set up my system using the tenant’s WiFi, can I run my Rachio system by just using the Rachio app? So that, although the system is communicating via the tenant’s WiFi, I never have to be personally signing in and viewing into his WiFi.