Receiving notification of rain sensor activated/deactivated every few minutes

I’m just wondering what I need to do to troubleshoot the problem with the rain sensor. I’m receiving a notification the rain sensor was deactivated and then about 10 seconds later another notification the rain sensor was activated. This on/off behavior repeats many times per minute. The log is littered with these notifications – I eventually had to turn off notifications. How do I correct this problem – Rachio Gen 3 controller box. Problem just started occuring this week, prior to this week I never had a problem. Software wasn’t updated or any change made in the system since installation about 3-4 months ago

Some troubleshooting here might help. Could be a dirty or stuck rain sensor.

:cheers:

Hi is there any fix to this? I have searched the forum and not found a solution.

Hundreds of activated deactivated notifications.

Driving me nuts.

I have a Rachio Gen1 with a wired Hunter Mini click rain sensor.

I cleaned and replaced discs in the sensor, but still receiving all these notifications.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve installed lots of Rachio controllers for customers. I’ve also installed rain/freeze sensors with about a third of them. All of the sensors have starting doing that same thing. No matter the brand (wired/wireless) or whether the batteries are new. I no longer install sensors with the Rachio controllers and disable the ones that do. I locate a close weather station and let it do the work.