Rain Skip - 24 hours isn’t long enough

Hello all! Been a Rachio user since 2016, and been pretty happy with it. There is just one thing that bugs me… and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Say it hasn’t rained for a while, and so the schedule says the lawn needs water (daily flex)… so it waters the entire lawn (maybe over the course of a couple days), which costs me about 75 bucks or so… then 3 days later we get 2 inches of rain. I curse a bit, and think about all the things I could’ve done with that $75 as opposed to pretty much throwing it in the garbage. Sure would be nice if there was a setting to allow me to tell Rachio… if there’s going to be rain in the next week skip the scheduled waterings, until the rainy days end. My lawn will be just fine waiting a few days in order to save me $75, not to mention wasting all the water.

First off, $75 for one watering!?!?!?!

Second, this is where Rachio is “damned if they do, damned if they don’t.” Another post around the same time as yours is cursing Rachio for skipping a watering for a predicted rain the following day.

I have about 1/2 acre of lawn, which requires about 12,000 to 13,000 gallons to put an inch down. That amount of water costs about that much where I live. That wouldn’t be for a single watering… but maybe over the course of a week, during a hot and dry spell.

I think a lot of these types of gripes, like mine and that other guy, could be resolved if more options were available.