Rain delay keeps thinking I had 0.59 inches of rain

There is something off about the rain delay notices and feature. It keeps saying I had .59 inches of rain which is improbable at best and as I know on several of the days we go Zero rain it is out right wrong. Using a PWS which has good data for all these days. I also shut off the rain delay, but it still seems to be doing it (or at least sending the notices as I haven’t been home to observe it running)

Last Sunday at 6:14 PM
Rain delay off

See below

Today at 5:00 PM
Zone 3-5 every other skipped due to observed 0.59 in of precipitation with a total threshold of 0.25
Last Tuesday at 5:00 PM
Zone 3-5 every other skipped due to observed 0.59 in of precipitation with a total threshold of 0.25
Last Sunday at 5:00 PM
Last Sunday at 4:00 AM
Every 3 days skipped since station PWS_TPA33629 observed 0.59 in of precipitation with a total threshold of 0.25
10/22/2015
Every 3 days was not skipped since station PWS_TPA33629 observed 0.0 in and predicted 0.0 in of precipitation and the total threshold is 0.25 in
Oct 19 at 4:01 AM
Every 3 days skipped since station PWS_TPA33629 observed 0.59 in of precipitation with a total threshold of 0.25
Oct 16 at 4:01 AM
Every 3 days was not skipped since station PWS_TPA33629 observed 0.0 in and predicted 0.0 in of precipitation and the total threshold is 0.25 in

@mclancy, did these weather reports come from station PWS_TPA33629 as noted on 10/22, 10/19 & 10/16?

The Iro will perform a weather check roughly 1 hour before each watering schedule if you have the weather intelligence feature enabled on a Fixed Schedule, and automatically if you’re using a Flex Schedule.

Since the weather station is stuck reporting .59 inches of rain, it’s either reporting bad data and needs to be reset/calibrated. Alternatively, it could be affected by this known defect.

Could we try changing your preferred weather station to another PWS or NWS and see if the problem continues? If it stops, then we can report the bad weather station to our weather service for review.

Hope this helps!

Best, Emil

1 Like

It is my own PWS and it is reporting data correctly to PWS weather and my local console. It does NOT show 0.59 inches of rain these other days only the Iro does. In fact the day of and the day before each of those dates the PWS shows 0.0 inches of rain (to deal with the GMT time stamp issue I looked at the day before). Something else is going on. http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/TPA33629.html

_mark

@mclancy, thanks for confirming. With this added information, I believe your station is being affected by the bug PWSweather.com is working on. For more information, please see this support article.

@emil Do we have an update on when they will resolve? I thought it was two weeks? :wink:

:cheers:

@franz, I’ve haven’t heard of any updates yet, but will reach out to them for one…I think it’s been closer to a month since they notified us of the issue. :disappointed: