Rachio skips schedule for 1 zone, but Zone works manually

Fairly new to Rachio and loving it, but do have one remaining problem.

I have one zone that is for hanging flowers under our front porch. At first it was working fine, but suddenly the schedule started to not run at all. Yet when I manually select the zone, it works fine.

Here’s the setup:
Duration: 5 m
Zones: 1
Schedule Type: Fixed Days
Will Water: Su, M,T, W, Th, F, Sa
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Start Date: Nov 29
End Date: Never
Smart Cycle: Off
Water Intelligence:
Seasonal Shift: On (clearly need less water in cool temperatures)
Climate Skip: Off
Rain Skip: Off
Freeze Skip: Off

I’ve also tried it with the Seasonal Shift off but it still doesn’t run automatically.

Any suggestions?

Hi @ray6543-
I checked out your scheduling, and the only thing off the top of my head is it does have your Back Flowers running first (7:00am-7:05am) and then your Front flowers should start after those. Is that not the case? The schedule just never runs at all?
McKynzee :rachio:

Correct, the front flowers never runs, even though the back flowers are NOT running because they are affected by weather, in this case prior rain.

Basically, I have all zones set to start at 7:00 AM, even though only one can run at at time. Is this a problem?

When I first set up the schedules, they all ran perfectly in sequence. Zone1, Zone 2, Zone 3 (all lawn zones) running first, followed by back Shrubs, then back Flowers, then Front Flowers.

~Ray
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@ray6543 No you are exactly right, you can set the same start time and they should just run in sequence. Let me do some further research and get back to you! Can you give me an estimate on how long this has been going on?

1 Like

About a week or a little more.

~Ray

PS: Thanks for the help.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey @ray6543!
So we have encountered a bit of a mystery here on our end… I would like to delete and re-add the Front Flowers schedule and see if that helps. Do you mind if I go ahead and do that?
McKynzee :rachio:

Okay, I deleted and re-added the Front Flowers zone from my app. Will let you know one way or the other tomorrow AM if it works.

@ray6543 Perfect thanks so much, cross your fingers we are in business in the morning!

1 Like

Yea! It’s now working.

1 Like

Awesome! Let me know if you run into any more issues.

1 Like

Well here we go again! After deleting and re-adding the Front Flowers schedule, it worked automatically for only one day and has not run again since Wednesday. When it didn’t run this morning at 7AM, I changed the schedule to 7:10AM, but it didn’t run then either. (Was testing to see if having everything set at 7:00 AM was causing the problem).

I’m going to change it to 6:50AM and see if it runs tomorrow.

@ray6543 Just when we thought we had it- I’ll check tomorrow morning and look more into your device logs. Sorry we didn’t get this resolved for you the first time around!

@ray6543

I think there might be a simple answer to what is happening.

When we set a rain delay for any schedule it sets it globally for the controller for the start time of the schedule plus around 5 minutes, unfortunately. I believe your second schedule is getting caught up in the first schedule’s rain delay events.

I also looked and couldn’t find where the second schedule was set to 7:10am.

So, I bet if you start Front Flowers at 7:15am this issue will go away. I’d be glad to help @mckynzee review your account if after starting the Front Flowers schedule @ 7:15am you are still experiencing this issue.

For our next version of software, we will not have this limitation.

Thanks for your patience and have a great day!

:cheers:

1 Like

We are having a similar if not the same problem with one zone. It is zone 2 of 12. the grass is dead and rachio history shows why. This problem appears to have started this spring when I turned on the controller. It worked marvelously last year. The mystery is why it works if I run this zone manually from Rachio. The schedule shows that nothing has changed from last year. (Don’t ask why it has taken this long to tackle the issue–it’s been a busy summer).

Is this zone on its own schedule? Did the schedule by chance have an “end date” when it was set up? If there are other zones in the schedule, is it possible that it was accidentally deleted from the schedule at some point?

There is just 1 fixed schedule set up for the 12 zones with Wed, Fri, Sun Interval. The Start/End Dates for this schedule are July 13th 2021 and Never. I just unchecked Zone 2, updated and then added it back in and updated. (I can’t see a way to actually delete this zone and redefine. Although there must be a way to delete a zone and recreate–please don’t be offended when I ask was the UI usability tested? The most humble of developers can easily be fooled into thinking their UI baby is perfect in every way:)
Just tried a quick run and zone 2 got skipped. It went from Zone 1 to Zone 3.

Not sure i fully understand what you are trying to do, but you can remove a zone from a schedule, and from there disable the zone, but not so sure about deleting the zone, as ive honestly never tried…

Just wondering if deleting and redefining zone 2 would work some magic, allowing Rachio to recognize zone 2 as part of the schedule. I guess another option is to create another schedule with just zone 2 and see if Rachio recognizes zone 2.

And, thank you for your comments. Much appreciated.

I guess it is worth a shot. I’m still not sure why if a zone is enabled, and included in a schedule that it just wouldn’t run.

If you go into the schedule and look at the run times for each zone, that zone 2 wasn’t inadvertently reduced down to zero was it?