Rachio missing rebate for large portion of Utah

While researching smart sprinkler controllers I was looking at a few different manufacturers and one in particular that was WaterSense certified showed they had an available rebate for my area in Salt Lake County, UT. This particular rebate (http://rebates.cuwcd.com/) covers 7 counties in Utah. Upon looking at Rachio’s website, I noticed that they didn’t show any rebates for my area. Upon researching the rebate more it showed that as long as a controller was WaterSense certified it should qualify. I reached out to support to ask about this rebate and received a canned reply stating that there were no rebates in my area. I then called customer support requesting that they research this more because I believed they could earn customers this way as it’s a 50% off rebate. I never heard back but ended up buying a Gen 2 Rachio anyway. I have no submitted a rebate form and clearly in the process they showed that the Rachio qualified. I just want to bring this to someones attention that can actually fix this discrepancy.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know @bighaus90- this is a big issue and needs to be fixed. I will talk to our team to see what we can do. As for this: [quote=“bighaus90, post:1, topic:8825”]
I then called customer support requesting that they research this more because I believed they could earn customers this way as it’s a 50% off rebate. I never heard back but ended up buying a Gen 2 Rachio anyway.
[/quote]

What do you mean by never heard back? Did you leave a message and never receive a callback?

@mckynzee I talked to customer support asking them to look into if the Rachio qualified for said rebate and asked to receive an update but never heard back.

Thanks for clarifying @bighaus90. We get our rebates through eco rebates, so I am going to reach out to them and see if they can add the Utah rebates.

1 Like

@bighaus90 I was able to successfully apply for a water rebate in Salt Lake Count via https://utahwatersavers.com/

They had not been taking rebates for residential properties until May 1, 2018.

I’ll update this thread when they process the application.

1 Like