Since I bought the Rachio it never kept a steady WiFi connection. The connection drops frequently and comes back up after a while. Sometime I have to reboot the device.
Lately, the Rachio does not power up the solenoids anymore. It says it is watering the zone but it does not open the solenoid. I have 5 Zones on an 8 zone controller and none of the 5 zones are working anymore.
Nothing has changed from the wiring nor did I changed any solenoids. The Rachio simple stopped powering up the solenoids.
I do not think it is an issue with the solenoids:
- I have 5 solenoids and all failing at once seems a bit unlikely
- I can open up the control screw on each solenoid and the zone starts to watering
- I have isolated the system and ignored the Rachio and everything works fine
I do not think it is an issue with the wiring:
- The Rachio close to each solenoid and the wire is less than 2 meter long
- The wire is shielded and in a conduct
- I did not touch the wire at all nor the connection to the Rachio
- After troubleshooting I redone the wiring without success.
Considering the WiFi issue and that I can isolate the system and it is working without the Rachio, I assume it is the device itself.
Any help to troubleshoot this issue further would be appreciated.