Rachio is killing my lawn -HELP

I have zero control over the device, it’s starts delays with no prompts. I had a saturation skip with no rain for a month, and today I find that my bubbler have been running for 6 hours totally unscheduled. I am now starting to lose my trees.

I am at a total loss on what to do next

Hello, people here will need some information in order to help you.

What kind of schedule are you using, Fixed, Flex Monthly, or Flex Daily?

If you are using a Flex Daily schedule, can you provide the soil moisture detail for the zone with the saturation skip and for the zone with the bubbler - preferably in landscape mode - it should look like the screenshot below. If you are using a Fixed or Flex Monthly schedule can you provide a screenshot of the history log that shows the saturation skip?

Are you using Weather Intelligence Plus or a personal weather station - if a PWS then which one are you using?

2 Likes

I am running three schedules on a single controller 2 are fixed, 1 is flex monthly (the flex monthly is defaulting to that selection and will not allow me to change.

I am not using a PWS

I can’t find the soil moisture detail

Despite setting schedule the term “as need” appears in the zone tile

Once you create a schedule you can’t change the type. If you want to change the type of schedule you need to delete the old schedule and create a new one with the new type.

Thanks for the added information. But we’ll need more info to be able to offer suggestions. You say there are 2 problems (1) that one zone is not being watered because the schedule is skipping due to rain when there has not been any rain and (2) one zone - the bubbler - is watering when it is not supposed to.

For the zone that is not watering when it should

1. what is the type of schedule for this zone?
  2. can you provide a screen shot of the history log that shows the saturation skip?
  3. can you provide a screen shot of the settings for the schedule involved - especially the section on weather intelligence?

For the zone that is watering when it should not be watering

1. what is the type of schedule for this zone?
  2. can you provide a screen shot of the history log that shows the watering turning on and then turning off?
  3. can you provide a screen shot of the calendar for the schedule on the day it watered when it should not have?
  4. can you provide a screen shot of the settings for the schedule involved - especially the section on weather intelligence?

Sorry - one other thing. Where are you located? And can you provide a screen shot to the settings for your controller - specifically the section that shows the location setting.

[https://community.rachio.com/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/a/eb9ed0/45.png]
Alturiahttps://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.rachio.com%2Fu%2Falturia&data=04|01||280e1b93cc184a3e8a7d08d912f5075b|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|637561665861987349|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D|1000&sdata=SlHy0yZXyzAHk3L1tdEJJIUvV332OA2g6ldnG7mU3%2Bc%3D&reserved=0
May 9
[https://community.rachio.com/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/s/97f17d/40.png]sjsu86:

the flex monthly is defaulting to that selection and will not allow me to change.

Once you create a schedule you can’t change the type. If you want to change the type of schedule you need to delete the old schedule and create a new one with the new type.

Thanks for the added information. But we’ll need more info to be able to offer suggestions. You say there are 2 problems (1) that one zone is not being watered because the schedule is skipping due to rain when there has not been any rain and (2) one zone - the bubbler - is watering when it is not supposed to.

For the zone that is not watering when it should

1. what is the type of schedule for this zone? - I deleted and re-entered the schedule as fixed monthly which resolved this issue.
  2. can you provide a screen shot of the history log that shows the saturation skip? Sorry, it was a climate skip
  3. can you provide a screen shot of the settings for the schedule involved - especially the section on weather intelligence? Attached

For the zone that is watering when it should not be watering

1. what is the type of schedule for this zone? It was flex but I just deleted and changed to fixed
  2. can you provide a screen shot of the history log that shows the watering turning on and then turning off?
  3. can you provide a screen shot of the calendar for the schedule on the day it watered when it should not have?
  4. can you provide a screen shot of the settings for the schedule involved - especially the section on weather intelligence?

[/uploads/db1097/original/2X/e/ee381c8a03e1ac329a10976f6cdc17191dcd9469.jpeg]

Is the schedule called Backyard Lawn the Flex Monthly schedule? And can you send a screenshot of the settings for the Backyard Lawn schedule, especially the weather intelligence settings.

I looked at the weather in your area and as you say there was no precipitation during the week up to May 2 so the climate skip is strange. But that’s why I would like to see the settings for the weather intelligence for that schedule.

I’ll be away from the house for the rest of the day and won’t be able to look at any response until this evening EDT. Perhaps someone else here can take a look and offer a suggestion.

Is it windy where you are today? I know San Jose can have solid winds. Wondering if the “weather skip” isn’t due to wind?

1 Like

@tmcgahey that’s what I was wondering too. Could the climate skip be caused by something other than precipitation?

I don’t get a lot of wind skips here in Arizona, but I believe anything dealing with PWS readings would pop up as a “climate skip”. @dane, any chance you can confirm that wind would fall into that climate skip category?

@tmcgahey Climate Skip was changed to Saturation Skip in V3. I think there is a bug on the screen that @sjsu86 provided where it is still being referred to as Climate Skip.

Saturation Skip monitors all zones moisture levels similar to the way that Flex Daily monitors moisture levels, except Saturation Skip is determining if All ZONES moisture balance will remain above Allowed Depletion until the next watering. It’s mainly taking into account estimated soil moisture and ET. If the zones on that schedule are all set to a “shade” exposure setting, they will be more prone to Saturation Skip. The fewer zones on a schedule, the more likely it is to skip. Which is how it should work. It’s taking the concept of MAD and working it into a Fixed schedule.

Most of the time inaccurate Saturation Skips are the result of incorrect precipitation data combined with all schedule’s zones being shaded.

The for the zone that watered suddenly, it sounds like it was a Flex Daily first watering:

1. what is the type of schedule for this zone? It was flex but I just deleted and changed to fixed