Rachio Gen 1 Connected to WiFi but offline

Hello,

I installed a used Rachio Gen 1 and got it all connected, however, the app says that it is Offline. I am connected to my WiFi network and can confirm that in my routers attached device list by matching up the MAC Addresses. Did I miss a step or does something have to happen on the server side?

Thanks in advance

Scott

If it was used, the unit might need to be reset by the Rachio crew. You’ll need to get the serial number off the unit. @rachiosupport can help you out.

Maybe. But I would think that if that were the case, I wouldn’t be able to activate the controller, but it did successfully activate.

Good point.

What wireless router/access point do you have? Rachio needs to be on the 2.4ghz band. Make sure your router isn’t trying to throw it on the 5ghz.

I have a mesh network, but confirmed that it is connected using the 2.4GHZ band on my attached device list

@MrAudit I had the engineering team review your account and you should be good to go. It looks like during the blinkup process the controller was orphaned from our system.

:cheers:

Thanks! It’s online now.