Rachio Flow Meter Calibration Issues

Hi All,

Just finished installing/calibrating my flow meter. I have 5 zones and 2 of the zones are not calibrating properly. Lets call them zone 2 and zone 5.

Zone 5 reported over 25GPM on the first calibration and has since been reporting no flow or only 1GPM on subsequent calibrations. There are about 11 rotary heads and I find 1GPM very hard to believe.

Zone 2 is consistently reporting no flow. It is a smaller zone, but it is definitely higher than 0.5GPM.

The strange thing is that the other 3 zones are reporting within .1GPM the same each time. I’m only having issues with the two zones. My signal strength is excellent.

Thoughts?

@jboyles would you mind sharing some photos of your flow meter install?

Let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Would you mind DM’ing me your serial number, either controller or flow meter, and I’ll take a look at your logs. One thing to try may be increasing your pressurize time. Install looks great!

Serial numbers of both devices sent.

@jboyles It’s great you are getting excellent with sensor buried in ground. To help troubleshoot @johnny2678’s buried flow meter issue, it would be helpful if you could help answer some questions.

• What are your plans were for covering the sensor? …have you covered it already…and if so is signal strength still the same?

• Roughly how far is Rachio controller from sensor?

Thanks.

1 Like

I plan on putting an access box around it. I haven’t just yet. Also, my controller is only about 20-25 feet from the flow meter, outside as well. So it has close line of sight minus the 6-8” below the surface.

1 Like

@jboyles Got it. Pretty ideal install location considering in ground need. Thanks for information!