Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

Let me translate it.
App was updated.
Rachio still broken

1 Like

Turning off IP6 seems to have stabilized mine.

We had really bad storms here today.

Power along with Internet went up and down dozens of times. Rachio reconnected on its own each time the power came back on. Normally if power flickers briefly it would often knock the rachio off-line for good.

That’s good to hear. No real need for IP6 as far as I’m concerned. It seems that has worked for some folks. Not sure why but mine is off works perfectly

1 Like

Turning off IP6 fixed my gateway constantly rebooting which was the reason I turned it off in the first place. Actually my entire network seems much faster.

I’m pretty sure I won’t run out of addresses on my private IP4 network.

But IP6 does provide “340 trillion trillion trillion IP addresses” just in case my HomeKit addiction gets out of control.

:joy:

2 Likes

4/16/2021 Update

1 Like

Mine is rock solid after turning off IP6 so I may pass on the beta and wait for the final fix.

@Tzterri: Would you be willing to relinquish your beta tester spot to me? I would be eager to contribute to the testing process, as I have a unit that is not yet fully deployed, which makes it a lot easier to test, when testing would not turn on random sprinklers in the middle of the day, while the kids might be outside, playing.

Yes, as mine is finally working without issues not interested in being a beta taster.

We will continue beta testing early next week, all of the known mobile and platform issues have been resolved.

:cheers:

1 Like

Yes!

Hey @Franz, just saw the gif you posted. This whole situation is a total shame. You should be apologizing, not “dancing”. It’s been 2 years of broken promises. What kind of company you wanna build by ignoring the most basic business principles? Respect to the consumers is not an option. Go invest seriously in solving this shit. And only then, when it’s working as it was advertised, maybe it would make sense to celebrate. But please: do it alone, because it feels really stupid to celebrate a total failure.

What is IP6?
Do you mean Internet Protocol version 6, known as IPv6?

Yes
I turned off IP6 to fix a problem with my internet going up and down and reading to do this on a AT&T support group that many of us have been having an issue with. It fixed my internet issues and oddly also fixed the Rachio issue.

Thanks for the update Franz. It looks like there is a fix coming soon for those that are having issues with just one very small aspect of what is otherwise the best irrigation controller sold today.

Making HomeKit work (not to mention working within Apple parameters) is something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. It is far removed from the primary functions of a Rachio controller. It’s like night and day… I also realize that when you announced homekit you thought it was working at the time and then had to start over and rethink it all. I know that’s hard…

If you responded to all the comments on here (some very rude) there wouldn’t be time left in your day to do any real work.

I am contemplating retirement after running a very successful business for 40 years in the radiology medical services industry. Just know that you will never be 100% to 100% of the people you serve 100% of the time. All you can do is your best and to me, it is obvious that you are.

Thanks for not giving up despite what is said in this thread and thanks for all of your hard work!

3 Likes

This. I briefly looked at the competitors with HomeKit and came away feeling either confused or underwhelmed by their idea of smart scheduling or disappointed in their app design & functionality. I want the first party app to be really good and the controller to be reliable. And that’s what I see with Rachio.

3 Likes

My power went off today. Then when I came back on the rachio reconnected just like it should.

I don’t understand why turning off P6 has made it rocksolid but very happy it has.

2 Likes

Exactly. The way weather intelligence works. The way you can create a accurate map with zones and sprinkler heads… So many options and capabilities. Amazing.

1 Like

I only bought it because it had HomeKit integration. But I was pleasantly surprised to learn about the weather and other features it has. It’s the only reason why I stuck with it through this HomeKit hell.

All that being said turning off IP6 has fixed all my issues so I have nothing left to bitch about. lol

My sprinklers are on a well so water use is not a concern for me so my needs are very simple and my yard is groomed by nature so needs very little water anyway.

2 Likes

This is interesting. Homekit worked pretty much all of last summer for me but then started being disconnected (WiFi still good) and has been that way for months. Just last week I turned my water on and started a quick run using the Rachio app, HomeKit started working again and has stayed connected for the last week :man_shrugging:t3: