Rachio 3 Not Responding in Homekit (Again)

What you can do means more to some then others. Depends on your use case…
You can turn zones on/off via Apple “HomeKit” by “tapping” on screens or with your “voice” via Siri on:
• Mac
• iPhone
• iPad
• Apple Watch
• AirPods & and HomePods (by voice)

*Or everything works VERY well by using the Rachio app both inside and from outside your network

I understand that Homekit works on all things Apple…it was more of a question of what benefit do you gain by having Rachio connect to a home automation system, Homekit or other. @Blizzardman gave a good example that quite frankly, I might need to try…

Just other ways to control the controller thru home automation like: Motion sensor triggered by children playing in the yard turn on sprinklers :joy::joy: You get the idea…

I played with that for my neighbor who kept letting his dog crap in my yard…and not pick it up. Worked well. Owner/Dog stopped doing it.

2 Likes

Turns off the space heater on my bird enclosure in my backyard if the sprinklers come on.

But mostly using Siri through my watch to turn them on and off as I’m working in the yard.

4/9/2021 Update

Mine is not working at all.

Just throwing in my experience of sometimes being able to add my Rachio to HomeKit, but only if I do the wifi reset thing and reconnect to the wifi. Then at some short interval later, usually less than a day, I get No Response in the Home app.

It’s great rachio has put up an update page.
But…
Can someone explain this better?
Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 5.56.36 PM

Glad it’s not just me. I was looking for the English translation but could not find it.

Seems easy enough - Laura said:
• Current status: mobile patches went out to fix the Wi-Fi update issue
** This was the Rachio app update 4.4.2 that came out last week
See: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rachio/id864325098

• Upcoming: platform work to support the new firmware
** The firmware that will (Hopefully) fix our HomeKit issues

1 Like

Let me translate it.
App was updated.
Rachio still broken

1 Like

Turning off IP6 seems to have stabilized mine.

We had really bad storms here today.

Power along with Internet went up and down dozens of times. Rachio reconnected on its own each time the power came back on. Normally if power flickers briefly it would often knock the rachio off-line for good.

That’s good to hear. No real need for IP6 as far as I’m concerned. It seems that has worked for some folks. Not sure why but mine is off works perfectly

1 Like

Turning off IP6 fixed my gateway constantly rebooting which was the reason I turned it off in the first place. Actually my entire network seems much faster.

I’m pretty sure I won’t run out of addresses on my private IP4 network.

But IP6 does provide “340 trillion trillion trillion IP addresses” just in case my HomeKit addiction gets out of control.

:joy:

2 Likes

4/16/2021 Update

1 Like

Mine is rock solid after turning off IP6 so I may pass on the beta and wait for the final fix.

@Tzterri: Would you be willing to relinquish your beta tester spot to me? I would be eager to contribute to the testing process, as I have a unit that is not yet fully deployed, which makes it a lot easier to test, when testing would not turn on random sprinklers in the middle of the day, while the kids might be outside, playing.

Yes, as mine is finally working without issues not interested in being a beta taster.