Rachio 3 Keeps Going Offline

Good day. I have worked with Rachio tech support on this issue for the last few months. Periodically, my controller goes offline and the second quadrant light flashes yellow.

I have read online that these issues seem to happen often with the Rachio 3 (which is what I own). I am also using an Asus rt-ac88u router. The router states the Rachio is connected. I have attempted to turn off all firewall features and disable all security with no change. I have also disabled the 5 GHz radio antenna as I was told by Rachio support that having the two networks confuses the Rachio.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience with Asus wireless router and Rachio 3 controllers not working well together? I am trying to figure out what is causing the Rachio to go offline and not connect to their servers. I would like to know what I can do to address this on the Asus.

I have read everything I could find online but have had no luck making the appropriate changes to my Asus to have the Rachio 3 work consistently.

I had this problem with my Rachio 2 last fall, connected to my ASUS RT-AC86U router. I got it to reconnect by doing a firmware update to my router and then rebooting it. The Rachio then connected on its own. This happened about 3 times, but not again since last October.

There are no available firmware updates for my router. I have tried so many troubleshooting steps with Rachio support over the last 4 to 5 months that it is ridiculous. I have definitely tried rebooting but I appreciate the input.

If yours has aimesh, turn it off. There are some other writers things like eco I would turn off. Don’t use wep. I can’t respond well here because things forum isn’t usable in mobile can’t see what I’m typing

Thank you for the input. With amthe Asus rt-ac88u, aimesh is part of default mode. It is not a separate function that can be disabled. I only have a single router so this should be an issue.

Hi no experience with Asus. But our Rachio controller keep going offline. It would require us to unplug and replug inorder to get it back on wireless. I used the trace program that Rachio recommended but could not find the issue that was causing us to loose the wireless. I installed another router on that side of our home and it worked fine. I recently purchased a TP-Link AC750 WiFi Extender (RE220) and extended to comm closet wireless signal and installed it in the garage much closer to the Rachio and (knock on wood) so far it has not dropped the wireless.

M

Hello mig1980,

I have the issue of it disconnecting periodically ever since I switched to the same router you have. Mine seems to flash red on the last bar on the Rachio. Per their suggestion, I went to the Lan > DHCP Server settings and added in the mac ip of the Rachio along with it’s own ip address. I left the DNS Server box blank when entering in the info. I looked at what other devices had generated with their own 192.168.1.xx addresses and just used one that wasn’t being used by any of the other devices. It worked well at first but I still got that issue. I’ve removed it and re-added back to that DHCP list and it seems to be only a temporary fix. I’ve even tried changing the last number by one or two digits in hopes that it fixes things. Again, only a temporary fix.

I’ve today decided to remove it all together from the DHCP list and it seems to be connected but we’ll see for how long lol.

Maybe if you’re willing to adjust it, this could be a free option for you. Kind of a pain in the butt but better than nothing I suppose. Cheers

I had that and many other issues. That tech support says rachio get confused with standard dual or triband routers says serious misdesign issues with Rachio. Tommorow, putting a Rainbird unit to replace the very flakey Rachio 3. Ive had it with Rachio