Rachio 3 and WiFi speeds

Installed my new Rachio 3 - 8 zone yesterday. It connected to WiFi and I tried Quick Run & it worked. After a few minutes it went offline. Rebooted it and came back online and again went offline in few minutes. At home I have a Netgear Nighthawk router which has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Earlier my Rachio was connected to 5GHz and changed it to 2.4GHz and now it has been online for the last 12 hours

Looks like the frequency / range is important for Rachio 3 device. 2.4GHz band provides coverage at a longer range but transmits data at slower speeds. The 5GHz band provides less coverage but transmits data at faster speeds. Makes sense as my Rachio is in the garage which is relatively far away from the router

Does that sound right?

@sriram007 - The rebooting may have been due to firmware being downloaded to the Rachio.

The lower the frequency the farther it travels and lower data rate. Rachio doesn’t need that much data to operate - some people run their Rachio over MiFi or portable cellular WiFi units so there is not a large bandwidth need by Rachio.

TLDR - YES.

Thanks DLane