Rachio 2 zone won't turn off

I have a Rachio Gen 2 that’s been working great, and believe the controller itself is fine. Starting 3 days ago only one of my zones turns on and runs for about 5 hours before shutting off. This occurs after the morning schedule turns on and off and before the evening schedule does the same. I checked my Rachio controller, as well as the app, and the system shows as off.

I test the system by running a manual cycle through all zones and each zone turns on and off manually, all while the one zone continues to water. I unplugged the controller from the wall and the zone continues watering.

I’m not sure how to fix this other than to shut off the water to the entire system, because if it was a defective valve or similar how would the system shut off on it’s own after about 5 hours? It’s been doing this at the same time each morning and ending at the same time - as though it was on a schedule.

Any help is appreciated.

Rob

@lsu1993 - sounds like there is debris in that valve. I’d clean out or rebuild that valve. Sometimes one can clean out a valve by turning off the water, removing the solenoid and then turning on the water for a period of time to flush things out through the solenoid opening. Other times one needs to take the valve apart and replace a diaphragm.

I just got my Gen 2 and had a similiar problem. What i did was adjust the value and that fixed the problem.