Quick wiring question before i order holiday gift

I know what to do with the zones obviously and the pump and the 24v ( is there a positive an negative?) but for the VC wire… can it just put that into one of the common connections in the rachio 3? just a little peace of mind that it will work.

thanks

@IxsharpxI - VC stands for Valve Common and will go to a C(ommon) terminal (there are 2 or 4 of them depending on the model) on the Rachio. For the 24 V question, the voltage is AC not DC - so there is not a positive or negative. And it really doesn’t matter as those wires will be abandoned as Rachio comes with its own power supply that plugs into the device.

Enjoy your gift and welcome to the community.

I replace tons of those Irritrol Rain Dial controllers. They are simple and easy to transfer to a Rachio controller just as @DLane pointed out.

I also noticed that you have an auxiliary pump on there and your Rachio 3 controller has a terminal for that too.

Welcome to the Rachio community. We are loaded with many professional and experienced irrigation people that can guide your comfortably through a painless installation.

That does look like the outdoor version of the Irritrol controller. If you are installing outdoors, don’t forget to get the original Rachio outdoor box.