PWS Davis Vantage Pro 2 CWOP - "No Recorded Precip Data"

@petercw2

Seeing your precip (.63 inches today)

https://jsonblob.com/57899222e4b0dc55a4e4facf

(search for precip)

so looks like you are good to go.

If that flag doesn’t change next week let me know and I’ll followup with Aeris. Assume something cached on their end.

:cheers:

so I should go ahead and select it? thanks again for the help!

The data is making it to Aeris so I would use your PWS.

Just FYI: It is still telling me there is “no precept data” on the station selection screen.

@petercw2 I’ll send this to Aeris, we are receiving precipitation, so it should be flagged as a station that has precipitation data.

@petercw2

Final resolution, looks like one last defect on the Aeris side that has been resolved.

Franz,

My apologies for no response. I was out of the office this week, and since the tickets were assigned to me, the responses did not show up in our general support pool.

The team reviewed and resolved this issue. It seems this was a unique bug. Normally a new station defaults to hasPrecip = false. But if precipitation is received it will switch to True. Once true it will stay true unless we manually flip to false. Additionally we have an automated script that runs to check stations against a period of time. This helps ensure stations have the proper data. Unfortunately there was a bug in that it was resetting this station and others that just recently switched to sending precip back to false each night.

We have corrected this issue, as well as implemented a few additional tests for this code base.

I also confirmed we are now properly receiving and storing the 24 hour precip for this station, E9355.

AerisWeather Support
http://support.aerisweather.com/

Just FYI, it is still showing the error on that page.

@petercw2

Was cached on our side now :wink:

All better.

@petercw2

FYI, 4 other people are using your station. :sunny:

thanks for the correction, and now that i know others are using it, I feel a lot of pressure!!

2 Likes