Pre-purchase question - quick help please

Hello everyone,

Is there a difference between Rachio 3 8ZULWC-PRO and Rachio 3 8ZULW-C??? I’m seeing few listings online of the Rachio 3 with these 2 different models and I want to make sure I’m buying the right one.

Thanks for the quick help!

I am not familiar with the “8ZZULW” portion. However, if the question is about the Pro model versus “non-Pro”, then you might want to check out Rachio 3 vs. Rachio 3 Pro - Getting Started / Before You Buy - Rachio Community. I hope that helps (I do not know more than that unfortunately.

Appreciate your response. However the post you sent is mainly about the price difference given that the post advertiser was offered the pro version by a pro landscape company.
I’m just seeing both producs on eBay, at almost the same cost (few dollars diff). I’m keen to understand if there is an actual difference between the two models. Thanks.

Biggest difference is highlited here (look for the warranty section):

Pro model comes with a 4 year warranty, whereas non-pro model comes with a limited 2 year warranty.
That being said, I’m not sure if the warranty would still be valid if the unit is installed by the owner directly (vs being installed by a trained tech), that would be a question for Rachio support. The wording on the pro page seems to imply that only the purchase of the pro sku (variant) is needed for the extended warranty, I’ve not gone through all of the terms & conditions to verify.

As @Gene mentioned and one of the posts in the thread I mentioned, the only difference that I have seen is warranty, who can buy, how much they can charge, and possible installation (which I think is easy and we can likely help you). It general seems, generally speaking, that the warranty is valid for beyond the original owner or maybe not an “extended warranty”.

1 Like

There is no difference in the component.

From my understanding , as a Pro Installer the installation comes with an additional one year warranty whether or not the SKU contains a Pro variant or not (and I warranty them as such).

Then to answer the question if a home owner purchased a SKU variant Pro and installed it themselves; would you get 4 years warranty I would say no.

But again, I have not had to claim nor looked into the sku variant as a deciding factor nor am I in warranty and claims. Sometimes, I receive both through industry sources, or replacements for a previous Pro Installation in both ways . However I believe my direct distributor only receives Pro variant.

Rachio, is excellent with claims and warranties, I’ll bring it up to my Pro Desk support for clarification though…Thank you.