Please Remove App Ads

Just some feedback on the app. I’m somewhat new to Rachio. I purchased my controller beginning of summer 2022. So I’ve used it one full season. It’s overall a great product and I recommend it to others. This season a new “feature”, perhaps it’s not new, but I’ve noticed what I consider ads. I didn’t notice these last year. I’ve had notices show up on the home tab trying to sell me the weather station. Also, just today I noticed when modifying my sprinkler nozzle types for a zone an option for a recommended K Rain rotary nozzle, with a “Learn More/Purchase” option right there in the app. (I have the Rain Bird R Vans, they’re essentially the same thing.) I really strongly dislike this kind of thing. I have zero issues getting marketing emails for products or services like this, but I don’t like the apps I use to turn into electronic advertisements. Please keep the app clean and free from this kind of unnecessary noise. Just my two cents, for what it’s worth. Thanks.

2 Likes

They are ads for products sold by Rachio from their partners. Just like with the EveryDrop meters and Tempest weather stations, they are expanding their direct partnerships with companies and implementing direct access within Rachio to these products. In the case of K-Rain nozzles, there is a nozzle setting specific to the K-rain that ensures your inches per hour setting is pretty accurate without doing a catch cup or meter flow test.

You want to keep Rachio 100% free and not pay for features like a number of other smart controllers on the market, I’ll take the occasional “ad” for Rachio sold products…

1 Like

I understand what they are. I paid for the controller, which includes the use of the app, so the app isn’t free. I don’t expect Rachio to listen, I just wanted to share some feedback. I don’t like ads as part of a paid product.

1 Like

Understood…but people buy Rainmachines, and if they want to use any of the “premium services” (which include remote access and future software updates according to their website…) they pay a subscription fee. All these premium services are offered free by Rachio. If one little banner add for a product that Rachio sells (not just a random ad) keeps me from having to subscribe to features that I love about my Rachio, I can live with one quick swipe up…

6 Likes

I’ve been using the Rachio Gen 3 controller for a couple years now. I also just noticed the add for the K-Rain sprinkler. Did it bother me, no. It did however, get me to thinking that I need to just look and possibly consider them if it saved me some water as well if the quality was the same as the Hunter rotors or other pop-ups I’ve been using. With the phone app being free, I’ll put up with a couple of adds. Any games have adds that are very annoying, but an occasional ad, I can handle.

2 Likes

Agreed. App should not have ads given the product was paid for.

It is pretty easy to dismiss the card in question with an option on top right.

2 Likes