Permanently disable 2 sprinklers in Zone 6 (This has 5 sprinklers alltogether)

How can I disable specific 2 sprinklers (near the fence) only in a zone , My zone- 6 has 5 sprinklers and I want to disable 2 of them near the fence and leave other 3 of them still enabled.
I am Creating a garden bed and have different plants which needs to be manually watered at different times hence want the 2 sprinklers near the garden bed to be permanently disabled

or can I split Zone 6 into Zone 6a (3 sprinkler’s) and Zone 6b(2 sprinkler’s near the fence) and have Zone 6b turned off permanently ? .

Remove the sprinkler head and cap the pipe?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion but would be better to have Zone 6 split into into Zone 6a (3 sprinkler’s) and Zone 6b(2 sprinkler’s near the fence)

Spot on. Not really another way to easily split this.

Oh, sorry. I missed that part. I only saw the permanently disable and manually water. I am not sure what you mean to turn off zone 6b permanently. I will give a couple of options.

1. Depending on where pipes are and how much work you are willing to do, I probably would try to figure out how to run another valve to the the area, so that I would not have to manually water. The two sprinklers could be cut off of zone 6 and put on this new zone if you wish.
  2. If you are talking about “permanently” disabling the two sprinklers, leaving them there, but allowing them to sometime be turn back on, maybe cap the riser or put in an inline valve in the pipe leading to the two sprinklers
  1. Depending on where pipes are and how much work you are willing to do, I probably would try to figure out how to run another valve to the the area, so that I would not have to manually water. The two sprinklers could be cut off of zone 6 and put on this new zone if you wish.-- this would cost money i believe and time as well
  2. If you are talking about “permanently” disabling the two sprinklers, leaving them there, but allowing them to sometime be turn back on, maybe cap the riser or put in an inline valve in the pipe leading to the two sprinklers - would be easier i believe and i could turn it back on if needed.

Thanks for all your inouts . I will try and see if I could get the 2’nd option done

Yes, depending on the layout, the first could cost more money and labor.

The second would likely be much easier. Easiest being capping the risers (depending on the style you have. The trick with putting in a valve might being finding the pipe to cut, put in a valve, and then maybe a box or something to be able to access the valve.

Others might have other ideas . . . those are things that came to my mind.

Most sprinklers have an adjustment at the sprinkler accessible with a small screwdriver to adjust the spray. This adjustment can also be used to CLOSE the sprinkler. It will still rise, if that is the type, but it will not spray water. Cheap, simple, 2-min tops.

Good call. We missed that thought!

A vasectomy for sprinklers.

2 Likes