Outdoor plug

I just bought an enclosure on Amazon thinking that it came with the plug wiring as some people have said and also some additional hardware to install that way and it didn’t. Any idea what I should buy to do this? My understanding is it was also supposed to come with something to secure the plug wiring like a nut or something. I got all this from an install video I watched from googling it. Am I missing something else?

Did you buy a random enclosure, or did you buy the Rachio brand enclosure?

The rachio enclosure for both version 2 and 3

And what are you saying that it is missing? The box itself is designed to be hard wired, and has a plug for the Rachio controller to be plugged in to. Being that ever installation is different, I don’t believe that they include anything for installation, other than maybe some mounting hardware…

In this installation video (skip to 2:47) made by rachio

They start taking about an actual plug instead of hard wire. I don’t have this plug or stain relief bushing (as they call it).

Some reviews on Amazon were saying that it used to come with it but I didn’t get one. If it’s not supposed to come with it, I need to get these parts as the unit I’m replacing also utilizes a plug on the outside of my house instead of being hard wired. I am just not sure where to acquire them.

In this installation video (skip to 2:47) made by rachio

https://youtu.be/tvyU3jpPL08

They start taking about an actual plug instead of hard wire. I don’t have this plug or stain relief bushing (as they call it).

Some reviews on Amazon were saying that it used to come with it but I didn’t get one. If it’s not supposed to come with it, I need to get these parts as the unit I’m replacing also utilizes a plug on the outside of my house instead of being hard wired. I am just not sure where to acquire them.

It says right at the beginning of the video that the box comes with anchors, bolts, and wire nuts, and that’s it. They are just showing other installation methods or options as needed. The plug pigtail and strain relief bushing can be purchased at a big box store (Home Depot or Lowes).

I had to buy a plug pigtail and strain relief bushing for my setup.

I bought the plug from Amazon and the strain relief bushing from a local electrical parts store.

Yeah. I missed that part since I was just interested in the install part. I was just saying that some old reviews mentioned it came with it. I just needed to know where I could get the parts, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

FWIW, I just received my enclosure (ordered from HomeDepot). It comes with the plug/pigtail already inside - seen here:

Thanks. I was talking about the part that would wire into that and plug into the wall to provide the box power.

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood. I was under the impression that the wiring coming IN to the box should be from a hardwired source (ie not a plug to an outlet that is external to the Rachio enclosure).

That is what they recommend but in their install video they have the alternative install as well.