Opening the case?

I want to add a new zone to the Rachio unit but I can’t get the case open to add the wire. Is there some easy guide as to how to pop the case back open? I assume I’m missing some easy release clip on the back?

This video should help in opening the case. Let us know if you are still having issues, bit of force is sometimes required.

http://support.rachio.com/article/59-have-you-attached-your-wallplate-to-your-iro-prior-to-mounting-it

Thanks!

:beers:

I emailed support this very same question and received a very prompt response directing me to the same video. But Franz, this obviously needs to be illustrated in the manual IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback, we are actually working with our manufacturer on the root cause. I’ll make sure @emil considers this for our manual, at least the online manual.

Thanks!

:beers:

This video/link is no longer available. How do I remove the cover to a first generation rachio?

…nevermind, it looks like you can just pry it off with a screwdriver because the only thing connecting the two pieces together is the wiring port (not sure what it is called).

The following might help (although I am having trouble seeing the video for some reason):
How do I remove the front panel from the wall mount? (Gen 1) (rachio.com)

If not, maybe:
Generation 1 Quick Start Guide (rachio.com)